KSN are proud to support:

Kent League Premier Division week 9
Kent League Premier Division week 9

All the games in the Kent Premier Division were rain affected as Minster extended their lead at the halfway point of the season.

They visited second placed St. Lawrence and Highland Court where the hosts won the toss and elected to bat. Josh Julian’s 35 helped them make a solid start before Matt Hammond took centre stage scoring 79. James Speer then took care of the lower order with three wickets in four deliveries, finishing on 5 for 44 as the Shrimpers were bowled out for 212.

Openers Dan Stickels (73) and David Masters (62) put the league leaders well on their way. After that the Duckworth-Lewis target of 199 from 45 overs was achieved comfortably by six wickets and with three overs to spare, Quinn Sunde finishing unbeaten on 36.

Third placed Hayes travelled to reigning champions Lordswood and asked the hosts to bat first in a rain reduced 40 over match. The visitors soon found themselves in strife at 26 for 4 before Jack Laraman mounted a recovery. His 52 gave them hope before they were bowled out for 141. Alfie Peck claimed 3 for 27 as his excellent season continued.

Finnan Bryan led the response with a quick 43, before Finlay Baker (43 not out) and Will MacVicar (37 not out) wasted no time in reaching the target in under 30 overs, allowing them to watch the second half of England’s football quarter final against Switzerland.

Hosts Tunbridge Wells gave Blackheath first knock with both looking to bounce back after good form was halted by defeat seven days earlier. Dileepa Jayalath dismissed three opponents who looked set on his way, taking 3 for 29 as nobody reached thirty. The innings closed on 137 all out with 21 balls not used from their 47 overs.

Chris Williams walloped 38 from 22 balls as the home team looked to chase the revised target of 140 in a hurry before bad light halted proceedings. A further revision of 118 from 34 was set when play restarted and Kent youngster Ben Dawkins scored 37 as they romped home by seven wickets from 16 overs and four balls.

On the road, Bexley opted to bat first at Sandwich Town. After both openers went cheaply, Jack Sinfield struck 42. Ben Aldred then added 38 but Zack Fagg kept them in check with 3 for 47 as the innings closed on 201 for 9 from 48 overs.

Set a revised target of 203 from 48 overs, the hosts started quickly with a 43 run opening partnership in six and a half overs before losing three wickets for one run, all to Kent’s Jas Singh who finished with 3-41. At 60 for 5, they looked in trouble but Tom Chapman’s 50 and 31 not out from Alex Smith saw them home by three wickets with two overs remaining.

Finally, bottom of the league Bickley Park entertained Canterbury. After a delayed start, and with the overs reduced, the visitors chose to set a target. However, they never got to grips with accurate bowling and Michael Ridley claimed 5 for 26 to reduce them to 125 for 9 from their 23 overs.

Again an adjusted target was set with a requirement of 130 from 23 for the hosts, however, after five overs, and with the score on 44 for 1, no further play was possible and the match was abandoned.

Images courtesy of Keith Gillard