KSN are proud to support:

Kent League Premier Division week 7
Kent League Premier Division week 7

Week seven of the Kent League Premier Division was very eventful with surprise results, and a tie.

Although, the two teams are not involved in the race for the title at present, the match of the day has to be the one that took place at Sevenoaks Vine. They entertained Lordswood in a high scoring game that ended up as a tie.

Having won the toss, the visitors chose to bat. Joe Gordon led the way, scoring 103, and he was ably supported by Scotland’s Callum McLeod (54), Bradley Goldsack (42), and Edward Taylor (34). They finished their 50 overs on an imposing 279 for 8.

The response by the Vine could barely have got off to a worse start than when Kent’s prolific batsman, Ben Compton, was run out for 2. However, Chris Vernon emulated Gordon in scoring 103 and Evert Bekker scored 54.

There was still much to do when they were both out, but Kent’s James Logan then took centre stage. Needing 29 to win off the last two overs, it came down to five to win, four to tie, off the final delivery which Logan crashed through the legside for a boundary. He finished on 68 not out from 57 deliveries as his team equalled their opponents’ score, losing 5 wickets on the way.

At the top of the table, Hayes’ unbeaten start to the season was ended at Blackheath. They invited the hosts to bat first, and despite dismissing Kent batsman Daniel Bell-Drummond for 28, were still set a tough task. Tanweer Sikander scored 63, and Ross Richardson 40 as Blackheath ended on 234 for 9.

Jahid Ahmed (3 for 25) reduced the visitors to 30 for 3 and despite Thomas Gallagher scoring 40 and Beau Couldrey adding 32, they never really recovered and were bowled out for 146.

Second placed Tunbridge Wells went to Minster in third position and were put into bat by the hosts.

Joseph Parry was again on excellent form with the ball and returned an impressive 3 for 24 off his ten overs as the visitors were bowled out for a disappointing 130.

That was never close to being enough despite Ryan O’Beirne again starring with the ball, claiming 4 for 41. He was, though, unable to dismiss Parry who followed up on his bowling feats with 49 not out. He had important support from Edward Moore who scored 30. Their five-wicket win pushed them up to second in the table, so the two teams promoted last season now hold the top to places in the Premier Division.

Sandwich Town visited bottom placed Beckenham and slumped to 23 for 4 after electing to bat first with Junaid Nadir claiming 3-18. They were unable to recover from that and were bowled out for 84.

It took just fifteen overs for the visitors to reach their target, losing only one wicket on the way, and their second win in a row, combined with results elsewhere, takes them off the foot of the table for the first time this season.

Weakened Bexley, with several team starters absent, hosted Bickley Park who won the toss and decided to bat first. Their innings centred around an excellent 71 by Krishna Padmanabhan and Michael Ridley scored an important 33 down the order to help them to 209 all out.

In return, the hosts were going well and put on 66 for the second wicket at a good scoring rate before Aiden Griggs ran himself out for 31. Ben Aldred followed soon after for 39 and despite a well-crafted 61 from Harry Turner, they did not have the depth of batting to see them through against clever bowling. Ridley took 3 for 22 to complete a good all-round performance as the home team were dismissed for 191.

Pictures supplied by Keith Gillard.