KSN are proud to support:

Welling United 7-0 Larkfield & New Hythe
Welling United 7-0 Larkfield & New Hythe

It was plain sailing for Welling United as they cruised to victory in their F.A. Youth Cup First Qualifying Round match against Larkfield & New Hythe.

They scored seven unanswered goals and might have had more against a team that worked hard, and would have learnt from the experience.

Nigel Nyako had an early header for the Wings that came back off the bar before Oluwatomisin Obilana’s shot whistled just over. Charlie Connell’s effort was deflected wide then Antonio Morgan came close when arriving late to meet David Kamara’s low cross, but missed the target.

Kamara headed over from a Morgan cross and Kyle Moore fizzed an outside of the boot attempt over from a tight angle after his corner came back to him as Welling continued to press.

Nearly thirty minutes were on the clock when the Wings made the breakthrough. First teamer Kamara forced his way through before unleashing a powerful drive beyond Billy Henderson.

Kamara had another good opportunity soon after when meeting a pull back from Mecca Maxime-Samuels but he scuffed his shot beyond the far post. He got a better connection on his next effort which Henderson did well to push around the post.

However, there was little that Henderson could do moments later. Moore’s corner was knocked down into the path of Joseph Freeman and he blasted home from close range.

Chances kept coming for Welling. Kamara drew an unorthodox save out of Henderson then Nyako’s shot squirted wide. Henderson was again busy when he saved low from Moore before Kamara exchanged passes with Connell but couldn’t keep his shot down.

Four minutes before half time, Welling added a third when Morgan’s header wasn’t cleared and Maxime-Samuels rose to nod home.

Morgan added his name to the scoresheet in first half stoppage time when his long range shot flew in.

Shortly after the restart, Welling added to further goals. Connell hit a free kick into the top corner then Nyako stretched to reach a deflected diagonal pass and poked it inside the far post.

Henderson used his feet to keep out another Kamara shot before the Welling striker completed the scoring two minutes shy of the hour mark when easing across the penalty area before firing home.

After that Nyako had a curler saved before Connell failed to hit the target. Henderson then made a point blank save to thwart Maxime-Samuels.

Having already used their three substitutes, the visitors were further hampered when Reece Mgrenpa limped off with a calf injury and Welling again came close soon after.

Substitute Ollie Godziemski crashed a shot against the post and Henderson made a great save from Maxime-Samuels’ follow-up.

Godziemski curled an effort just wide then Connell had a shot beaten away before referee Nathan Buckle brought proceedings to a close.

Welling United: Adious, Akinwnmi, Morgan, Obilana, Freeman, Elliot (Campbell 54), Moore (O. Kamara 62), Connell, D. Kamara (Godziemski 59), Nyako, Maxime-Samuels.

Subs not used: McCarthy, Finlay, O, Slater, Omoregie.

Goalscorers: D. Kamara (28), (58) Freeman (33), Maxime-Samuels (41), Morgan (45+2), Connell (49), Nyako (53)

Yellow cards: None

Larkfield & New Hythe: Henderson, Greenleafe (Baldock (46), Falus, Lye, Smith, Falconer (Yaotong-Cam 46), Pay, McGrenpa, Nunn, Seal (Batkin 59), Chamberlain.

Sub not used: Williams.

Goalscorers: None

Yellow cards: Pay

Referee: Nathan Buckle

Assistants: Kane Smith and David Dice

Pictures supplied by Dave Budden.