Streatham 5-2 Invicta Dynamos
Streatham 5-2 Invicta Dynamos

The Invicta Dynamos fell to a defeat at the hands of Streatham in their last away league fixture of the season before the playoffs commence.

The Mos iced 12 skaters along with netminder Conor Morris. Missing out were Ryan Giles, Arran Strawson, Joe Allen and Harrison Lillis whilst Luke Thirkettle was on duty with the Invicta Mustangs.


With two minutes on the clock Callum Best intercepted Rupert Quiney’s pass and after carrying the puck forward his attempt at goal got blocked by netminder Damien King. At the opposite end of the ice pad Mos’ netminder Conor Morris kept out a few attempts from Streatham before the  Mos broke through Oskars Ancitis but just as he looked to shoot he got closed down by Streatham defenders. The Mos had the first powerplay of the game on 4:05 when Leigh Jamieson was penalised for holding onto Anthony Leone. However, it was the shorthanded Streatham  who opened the scoring when Louis Colvin attempted a failed pass from left to right with Rupert Quiney reading it and feeding the puck to Alex Roberts who broke free to score on 5:15 for 1-0.


Lewis English went close in the 7th minute when he fed a dummy to an opponent and shot at goal only for King to knock the puck wide. The Mos did get level at 1-1 on 8:39 through Oskars Ancitis – The import skating down the right channel after receiving a pass from Anthony Leone and closing to King’s post before squeezing a shot beyond him. In the 10th minute the Mos almost doubled their lead when Jake Stedman tipped a shot that almost caught King out.


The Mos then successfully defended a Jake Stedman charging penalty before Ancitis wasted a chance on the break when Louis Colvin sent him racing towards goal – but moments later the Mos edged 2-1 in front when Foord and Dell combined to allow Leone the perfect opportunity to dispatch past King on 17:43. The Mos were shorthanded near the close of the first period after Jacob Ranson had a dig at Morris with Brandon Miles stepping into the scene and gets a two minute roughing penalty. With Streatham on the powerplay and pushing forward the Mos managed to break through Leone but Damien King done well to deny the Mos captain.


It didn’t take Streatham long to make it 2-2 once the second period got underway with Scott Bailey tapping the puck home on 22:41 with Morris given no chance. Disaster then struck for the Mos after a rare mistake by Matt Foord allowed the puck to drop to Andreas Siagris right in front of Morris with the import easily hitting the net on 24:21 for 3-2 to the home side. Tempers started to boil at the halfway mark when Streatham’s Adam Wood attempted a hit at Ondrej Zosiak and missed with the Mos’ Slovakian d-man hitting Wood on the follow through. Wood wasn’t happy as he gets up from the ice seeking to take matters further. Once order was restored both players were sent to the penalty box and given two minutes each. Wood almost got to Zosiak again once the pair both returned to the ice following a bunching around Morris from a Streatham attack, however Brandon Miles read the situation and grabbed Wood back only for referee Blaine Evans to penalise the Dynamos enforcer with a 2 minute holding penalty.


On 34:30 Adam Carr was presented with the ouck at point blank range and looked certain to score but Morris pulled out a big save to keep the Mos in the game. A major talking point came on 37:37. Owen Dell received a big hit from Tom Beesley with Ancitis returning the hit on the Streatham’ forward. Leigh Jamieson was seething at the Mos’ import and raced after him throwing punches that were not returned before Brandon Miles left the Mos bench to take Jamieson down. The game was now paused for seemingly ages whilst the officials discussed the resulting penalties – which once awarded saw Miles and Ancitis receive game penalties and playing no further part. With Streatham on a 5 on 3 powerplay it was of little surprise that Tom Soar increased the lead to 4-2 on 39:48.


The third period didn’t contain as much action as the previous two, especially for the Mos whilst they were pinned back defending the powerplay minutes. The only goal of the period fell the way of Streatham on 47:42 with Soar doubling his tally after feeding off a pass from Roberts to finish the scoring at 5-2.


Referee: B. Evans



Streatham: S. Bailey 1+0, A. Roberts 1+1, T. Beesley 0+1, A. Wood 0+2, R. Quiney 0+2, M. Farn 0+2, T. Soar 2+1, A. Siagris 1+0

Dynamos:  M. Foord 0+1, O. Dell 0+1, A. Leone 1+1, O. Ancitis 1+0



  1. King- save percentage 83.33% (12 shots / 2 goals)
  2. Morris – save percentage 90.74% (54 shots / 5 goals)



Streatham: 10

Dynamos:  56


Man of the match:

Streatham: T. Soar

Dynamos:  C. Morris