KSN are proud to support:

Stansfeld 1-1 Sporting Bengal United (6-5 pens)
Stansfeld 1-1 Sporting Bengal United (6-5 pens)

Following an exciting four all draw on Saturday, Stansfeld and Sporting Bengal United returned to Foxbury, Chislehurst for their F.A, Cup extra-preliminary round replay.

This time around, it was an entirely different type of game with far fewer clear cut chances but there was still plenty of drama before the tie was decided on penalties.

Ross Morley, for Stansfeld, was off target from well out before the Bengal Tigers’ Sam Edwards drew a parried save out of Tommy Kemp from a similar distance.

Kemp claimed a floated headed attempt by Matthew Ball as the half progressed but the last chance of the first half went the way of the hosts when Billy Parkinson met a corner but nodded the wrong side of the near post.

Early in the second period Bassin Hachi sent in a low cross to Liam George but he couldn’t control it and Kemp was out smartly to smother.

Freddie Cray tried his luck with a free kick that was deflected wide before the visitors made a double change, a decision that appeared to displease George, who was one of the replaced players.

Midway through the second period, the deadlock was broken. Callum Keeble hit a low free kick towards the near post and it appeared that Tommy Whitnell got the slightest of touches as it nestled in the bottom corner.

Billy Martin shot well over for Stansfeld from fully forty yards before the game became stretched as the team from East London searched for a leveller. That gave Stansfeld chances on the break.

From one, they won a corner that was only half cleared allowing it to be set into the path of Cray but he shot wide then Cameron MacMillian broke through and was clattered by the out-rushing Sidi Haidara but the referee deemed it to be a coming together.

As the game moved into injury time Tascor Banks had a great opportunity to level but volleyed over from six yards out. Stansfeld breathed a sigh of relief and probably thought that the job was done but just as there had been in the first tie, there was a sting in the tail.

A deep cross was not cut out and Alagie Jawara stole in to finish.

In extra time Keeble tried his luck with another low near post free-kick and Haidara made an unorthodox save with his knees then Edwards headed over from close range when getting on the end of Steven Carvell’s deep cross for the Bengal Tigers.

Each side had one chance in the second period of extra time. A sharp break allowed MacMillian a run on goal for the hosts but Haidara burst out and made a crunching tackle that left both players needing treatment.

Then, in the final minute of stoppage time, Jawara missed a great chance to win it when his close range diving header at the far post flew over.

That took the tie into a penalty shoot-out. Although they went one behind when missing their first penalty, Parkinson and Ben Hermitage both converted. Kemp then saved from Elliot McGovern and Martin scored to restore parity.

Banks netted for Sporting Bengals and Rob Hughes did likewise for Stansfeld. Louie Maxwell then shot wide of the right hand post for the visitors leaving Cray to take the glory when beating Haidara.

Their reward for winning will be a preliminary round tie at Erith and Belvedere.

Stansfeld: Kemp, Smith, Parkinson (B), Morley (Hermitage 105), Cray, Plummer, Kuegis-Gowan (Borland 85), Parkinson (D) (Martin 25), MacMillian, Whitnell (Hughes 71), Keeble.

Subs not used: Wright, Barrett.

Goal scorers: Whitnell (68)

Yellow cards: Cray, Martin

Sporting Bengal United: Haidara, Hill, Banks, Olusesi, Huteladze, Ball (Maxwell 63), Jawara, Edwards, George (McGovern 63), Carvell, Hachi (Diod-Gage 99).

Unused subs: Buchanan, Zoughi, Burns, Godfrey.

Goalscorers: Jawara

Yellow cards: George, Jawara, Hill, Banks, Haidara

Referee: Benjamin Maskery

Pictures supplied by Dave Budden.