Invicta Dynamos 6-3 MK Thunder
Invicta Dynamos 6-3 MK Thunder

Invicta Dynamos bounced back from a cup defeat to Streatham with a comfortable 6-3 victory over Milton Keynes Thunder.

Dynamos were without Dale Buckland and Brandon Webster. While the Thunder were missing Jamie Chandler, Connor Mellett, Kyle Nash and Logan Prince.

Dynamos opened up the scoring as Juraj Huska fired a shot from the left circle and the puck flew between the netminders pad and blocker. Timed at 3:02.

The Dynamos forced turnovers from the visitors as they charged into the Thunder zone. Ryan Giles sent a wrist shot from the top of the left circle towards Graham Laverick. Goal number two for the Dynamos scored at 7:02.

Harrison Lillis collided with Thunder forwards Iain Peters mid-ice with a hip check which sent them both crashing onto the ice.

Both teams used their physicality to dominate the other. Anthony Leone hit a Thunder forward into the boards, Zac Chamberlain skated in and tried to land a hit on the Dynamos player coach. Leone shoved Chamberlain down onto the ice and the two exchanged words behind the play.

Farrell fed the puck to Owen Dell who sent it flying along the ice towards Laverick. The netminder slipped and landed on the puck.

Yet another mid-ice hit as Jake Stedman collided with James Lindley and the two bounced off of each other. The Dynamos charged back into the Thunder zone and Conor Redmond let off a shot but the netminder padded it into the corner.

Luke Thirkettle chased Antti Kohvakka up the boards and hit the Thunder defenceman. Kohvakka unamused by the young forwards hit checked Thirkettle in the face. Whistle was blown and the defenceman received a 2 + 10 penalty for a check to the head.

With less than a minute remaining of the first period, Arran Strawson received a two-minute penalty for interference.

The Thunder made use of their powerplay and scored five seconds in at 19:21. Sam Chandler took a shot from the blue line and Ryan Gadeke redirected the puck beyond Zach Grandy-Smith.

End of the first period and the Dynamos led 2-1. The Thunder and Dynamos players came together after the buzzer, but the officials managed to split them.

Second period begun as Leone slapshot the puck towards the net but Laverick managed to glove the shot.

Thunder scored their second goal of the game at 25:11 as Peters deked past Joe Stephenson and shot the puck towards Grandy-Smith and into the back of the net.

The Dynamos were quick to retaliate as Leone beat the netminder with a wrist shot into the back of the net at 27:13.

Stedman went in for a hit on a Thunder player who turned at the last minute. Stedman received a 2 + 10 check from behind penalty.

Play continued back and forth for the remainder of the period with several shots on net. Second period came to an end with the Dynamos leading 3-2.

Third period began as Filip Sedivy tried to extend the Dynamos lead with a shot from the top of the circles. Farrell stood in front of the net tried to ram the puck home but Laverick covered the puck.

Leone received a two-minute slashing penalty after he slashed a Thunder defenceman behind the play.

Not even five seconds into the powerplay and Milton Keynes, Luke Curtis fired a shot from the blue line and Sam Prosser redirected it into the back of the net. Goal number three for the Thunder scored at 43:54.

Back to 5-on-5 play as Redmond took a shot from the side of the net but the netminder managed to catch the shot.

Goal number four for the Dynamos came at 48:22 as Sedivy skated round the Thunder defence and flung the puck into the top right corner.

Prosser hit a Dynamos player with a high elbow and was immediately chased by Stephenson and Giles. Prosser received a two-minute penalty for elbowing; Callum Medcalf received a two-minute roughing penalty and Giles and Stephenson both received two minutes for roughing.

Both teams became more physical as time went by, Simpson was sent to the penalty box for a two-minute slashing penalty.

Huska smacked a slapshot towards the goal by it flew off of the post.

Yet another shot on the powerplay, Huska circled round and passed to Strawson in the slot and the defenceman fired the puck home beyond Laverick. Dynamos led 5-3 at 55:35.

Less than five minutes remained of the game as Tom Davis received two minutes for hooking and was sent to the box. Thunder on the powerplay pulled their netminder for a 6-on-4 play. 

The Dynamos managed to intercept the puck and Farrell fired the shot towards the empty net, but it slid wide.

Back to full strength and the Thunder pulled their netminder once again. Farrell made sure he would not make the same mistake again and carried the puck towards the visitor’s zone and fired the puck off of the blue line into the empty net. Goal number six for the Dynamos scored at 59:15.

End of the game and the Invicta Dynamos won 6-3 against the Milton Keynes Thunder. Simpson and Buckland exchanged words from the Dynamos bench during the handshakes. Simpson was pushed away from the bench by the officials.

Pictures supplied by Dave Trevallion.