Invicta Dynamos 5-3 MK Thunder
Invicta Dynamos 5-3 MK Thunder

Invicta Dynamos finally secured themselves their first home victory of the season after defeating Milton Keynes Thunder 5-3 with an empty net goal from Ondrej Zosiak.

Dynamos took to the ice at full strength with the addition of Luke Thirkettle. Milton Keynes Thunder were without Grant McPherson, Oliver Lord, Michael Stratford and Ross Green. 

First period begun as Dynamos forward, Oskars Ancitis tried his luck with shot on Tom Annetts. Ancitis went in for the rebound on the backhand but the netminder deflected the puck away. 

Thunder player, Trevor Leblanc slid to poke check the puck out of the Milton Keynes zone but in the process took down Ryan Morgan. 

Dynamos opened the scoring with a goal from Callum Best at 9:36. Ancitis passed the puck across the ice to Best who scored with a one timer. 

Thunder put more pressure on the Dynamos as they tried to even the score. Sean Norris with a wrist shot from the high slot but Connor Morris pulled off a glove save. 

Best took control of the puck and dangled through the Thunder defencemen but his shot missed the net. 

End of the first period and the Dynamos led 1-0. 

Second period begun with a goal from Brandon Miles as he was slotted the puck home from right in front of the net, which doubled the Dynamos lead. Goal scored at 21:46.

Milton Keynes desperate for their first goal, Ross Bowers was left alone in front of the Dynamos net, but Morris deflected his shot into the corner. 

A two minute high sticking penalty on Morgan gave MK a powerplay opportunity. Tomas Rubes collected the rebound from the defenceman’s slapshot and roofed the puck over Morris. Powerplay goal times at 26:38.

Not long after, MK made the game 2-2 at 32:17. Rubes dodged past the Dynamos defence and fired the puck low into the net. 

The Dynamos were quick to retaliate with a powerplay goal at 33:28. Ondrej Zosiak sent a blue line slapshot towards Annetts as Arran Strawson tipped the shot into the net to give the Dynamos a 3-2 lead.

Another powerplay opportunity for the Dynamos as Hallden Barnes-Garner was penalised two minutes for hooking. Best skated down the boards and sent the puck over Annetts securing them a 4-2 lead at 37:33.

Norris went down behind the play and stayed down but with no Dynamos player in sight, officials were not sure what caused the Thunder player to fall so no penalty was called. 

End of the second period and the Dynamos led 4-2.

Dynamos forward, Louis Colvin forced a turnover behind the Thunder net and shot close range but Annetts saved. 

Strawson tried for his second goal of the night as he dangled past Greg Randall but could not get a shot on net. 

Dynamos continued to pressure MK as Ancitis planted a huge hit on Oliver Stone against the boards. 

Milton Keynes import Leblanc skated to the crease and managed to beat Morris on the backhand. Thunders goal closed the gap to 4-3 at 49:09. 

Dynamos were given another powerplay opportunity as Thunder was given a two minute bench penalty for abuse of official. Several shots from the Dynamos: wrist shots from Colvin and Strawson as well as slapshots from Zosiak and Anthony Leone. 

Thunder thought they had scored at 54:06 after a scramble in the crease. The goal light went on, but the officials wiped the goal. 

Leone with a huge hit on Rubes sent them both to the ice but the pair return to their feet laughing about the matter. 

Last two minutes of the game remaining and the score remained 4-3 to the Dynamos. Thunder called for a time out which resulted in Annetts remaining on the bench. 

Just over one minute remained and Best was given a two minute elbowing penalty. The game continued 6 on 4 as the MK net remained empty. 

Morris covered the puck after several rebounds from Thunder players. 

Zosiak was passed the puck and skated down the ice. A Thunder defencemen tried to shut down the Slovakian defenceman but with a wrist shot, Dynamos led 5-3 with 33 seconds remaining. 

Dynamos finally secured themselves a home win as they took the 5-3 victory against Milton Keynes Thunder. 

Dynamos: Callum Best 2+2, Zosiak 1+2, Brandon Miles 1+0, Arran Strawson 1+0, Oskars Ancitis 0+1, Louis Colvin 0+1, Ryan Morgan 0+1.

Thunder: Tomas Rubes 2+0, Trevor Leblanc 1+0, Alex Whyte 0+1, Sean Norris 0+1.