Invicta Dynamos 1-5 Streatham
Invicta Dynamos 1-5 Streatham

Invicta Dynamos failed to claw their way back into the game after first period against local rivals Streatham as they lost 5-1 on home ice.

Dynamos were missing Gregor McAllen, Mark Williams, Ryan Giles and Tomas Banovsky. Streatham were missing Brandon Miles and Adam Wood due to suspension and Jordan Gregory.

Dynamos youngster Owen Rider was in net while Damian King took to the ice for Streatham.

First period was under way and Streatham’s Scott Bailey attempted a game opening goal, but his shot went wide.

Not long after Bailey managed to find the back of the net with a blue line shot. Streatham’s first goal of the game scored at 3:52.

Dynamos got their first chance of the game as Brandon Webster skated down the wing and forced King to take action. The Streatham netminder managed a glove save.

Streatham’s Ryan Watt shot the puck at point blank range towards Rider who stopped the first shot, but Watt collected his own rebound and found the back of the net. Goal two for Streatham scored at 11:25.

Seconds later Luke Brittle roofed a shot over Rider, furthering the visitors lead to 3-0 at 11:36.

Dynamos’ Tom Davis fired a slapshot towards King but the netminder deflected the puck into the corner.

Another chance for the Dynamos as Juraj Huska attempted to beat the Streatham netminder low but King saved with his pads.

Streatham furthered their lead once again as Bailey scored his second of the game. Goal four for Streatham scored at 17:12.

End of the first period and the Dynamos trailed 4-0.

Second period under way and Huska called King into action with a shot from the left wing. Arran Strawson was waiting at the crease and managed to poke the puck back towards the net, but King stopped it just before it went over the line.

Dynamos’ Henry Aiken collected the puck in the corner but was met with a check from Rupert Quiney. The two battled for the puck with Aiken winning, the Streatham player was unamused and pushed Aiken behind the play. Quiney received two-minutes for roughing.

Dynamos were unable to claw a goal back during the powerplay. Aiken then received two-minutes for cross checking which saw the Dynamos on their first penalty kill of the game.

Streatham pinned to Dynamos in their end but were unable to score on the powerplay.

End of the second and the score remained 4-0 to Streatham.

Third period under way. Dynamos Jake Stedman planted a big hit on Quiney who retaliated with a shove. When the whistle was blown, he continued to go after the Dynamos forward who was half his size.

Quiney received two-minutes for roughing and then a further two-minutes for slashing. Stedman also picked up two-minutes. Powerplay for the Dynamos.

With a powerplay opportunity, Strawson skated around the Streatham team and fed the puck to Huska who had a clear shot over King. Dynamos first goal of the evening scored at 42:41.

Webster skated down the ice and took a shot but with no one to pick up the rebound the puck fell back to Streatham.

Streatham soon regained their four-goal lead as Watt fed the puck to Ingoldsby who managed to shoot beyond Rider. Goal five for Streatham scored at 48:13.

Quiney skated up the wing and was intercepted by Stedman. Quiney managed to get a shot but it went wide. The Streatham man decided to go after Stedman once again, this time looking for a fight.

Two minutes before the end of the game Watt received two-minutes for cross checking, which gave the Dynamos their last powerplay chance of the game.

End of game and the Dynamos managed to score one but were unable to catch up with the visitors. Streatham took home two points.

Picture supplied by Dave Trevallion.