Invicta Dynamos 1-4 Raiders
Invicta Dynamos 1-4 Raiders

Invicta Dynamos crashed to a 4-1 defeat to local rivals Raiders. A brace from Jake Sylvester and goals from JJ Pitchley and former Dynamos forward Aaron Connolly sealed the two points for the Romford-based side – despite an Arran Strawson consolation goal.

Dynamos were at full strength with the addition of Mustangs player Luke Thirkettle. The Raiders were missing players from the NIHL 2 side as well as Ollie Baldock, Callum Burnett and Ashley Jackson.

The Raiders quickly opened the scoring as Jj Pitchley roofed the puck into the top corner of the net 14 seconds into play.

The local rivals thought they had extended their lead again but the shot from Juraj Huska hit the post and bounced off the plexiglass.

Dynamos desperate for their first goal, Luke Thirkettle and Joe Allen linked up but Allen could not force the puck past Ben Clements.

Brandon Miles tried a shot from the right post, but it was deflected off of Clements’ pads but the Dynamos forward managed to get his own rebound but again Clements denied him. Miles passed to Louis Colvin who tried with a top left shot but the netminder gloved it.

Goal two for the Raiders was scored by ex-dynamo, Aaron Connolly at 8:32. Raiders attacked 2-on-1 and Connolly finished the pass with a one timer.

Oskars Ancitis came down the right wing and sent a wrist shot towards Clements but the netminder saved with ease.

Thirkettle and Julian Smith collide in the corner and Smith was sent to the floor with a hit from the Dynamos forward.

Dynamos defenceman, Arran Strawson made himself known with a hit on Blahoslav Novak into the Raiders bench.

First period ended with a scramble in front of the Dynamos net as the Raiders tried for their third goal of the night.

John Connolly received a two minute holding penalty which allowed the Dynamos to pin the visitors into their own end. Strawson flicked the puck over Clements on the backhand which gave the Dynamos their first goal of the night. Goal timed at 23:27

Raiders quickly tried to advance their lead as Jake Sylvester recovered from a hit in the boards and scrambled to the slot where he shot low on Connor Morris. Raiders with a two goal lead once again, goal scored at 25:34.

Thirkettle received a two minute slashing penalty giving the Raiders a powerplay.

The visitors took advantage of their powerplay and with a cross ice pass from Huska, Sylvester secured his second goal of the night. Raiders lead 4-1 at 28:14.

Ancitis with wrist shot in from off Clements but it was deflected up and over the plexiglass.

Morris was tested as Sylvester and J. Connolly tried to flick the up and ram it into the net but the netminder is caught on the netting. Ryan Morgan saved the puck behind Morris as the netminder struggled to get himself back into position.

Ondrej Zosiak teamed up with Jake Stedman and the pair sandwiched ex-Dynamo Mason Webster between them and sent the Raider sliding head first down onto the ice.

Second period ended 4-1 to the Raiders.

Third period begun and the tiring Dynamos side played defensively to stop the Raiders increasing their lead anymore.

The Raider tried their luck as Sean Barry sent a slapshot towards Morris but the netminder saved with ease.

Lewis English tried Clements with a few shots in front of the net but could not get it past the Raiders netminder.

Miles and Novak pushed and shoved with less than 30 seconds left of the game, the whistle was blown, and the pair continued to shove but realising there was hardly any time on the clock, the two headed to their benches.

End of the game and the local rivals took the two points. The Dynamos used their physicality to keep the Raiders from scoring in the third period which allowed the game to end 4-1.