Hollands & Blair 5-2 Croydon
Hollands & Blair 5-2 Croydon

Holland & Blair cruised through their preliminary round of the Kent Senior Trophy against Croydon, and in doing so now face either Greenwich Borough or Stansfeld at home.

Blair got off to a great start when after four minutes they took the lead, Fraser Osunkoya on half way turned the defender and then laid the ball into the path of Liam Stone who ran into the area, and from 15 yards shot past Jack Fuell.

Croydon nearly got an equaliser two minutes later when Levi Shango got to the by-line, his low cross was deflected into the path of Richard Pineling but his shot went harmlessly across the goal.

The game went quiet for a while with Blair having more possession but not actually causing any problems but then in the 30th minute out of the blue Croydon equalised when Andy Kabula-Somo in the area turned and twisted, seeing his shot deflect to Pineling who from six yards shot home.

This stunned Blair into action and seven minutes later they restored their lead when the ball was bouncing around in the area and eventually Harry Goodger headed in from five yards.

It nearly became three, two minutes later when a free kick into the Croydon area was half cleared to Ben Brown who from 20 yards saw his shot saved at the second attempt by Fuell.

Then on the stroke of halftime the home side did make it three, a corner on the left was passed into the path of Jack Simon on the edge of the area and his shot hit the back of the net.

Half Time 3-1

The second half was only five minutes old when Blair scored their fourth and effectively ensured that it was game over, Osunkoya latched onto a long ball and from 20 yards his shot hit the back of the net.

In the 55th Croydon got their second when a free kick into the area ricocheted around the danger zone and then Jack Sims shot in from eight yards.

Six minutes later and Croydon nearly got a third which would have meant nervous times for Blair but Adam Highstead came to the rescue, a ball out to Pineling who went into area and from 15 yards his shot was superbly saved by Highstead.

This got Blair going again and in the 76th a corner into the six yard box saw Callum McGeehan flick his header wide of the post.

Three minutes later Pineling on the right saw his 20 yard effort come off the crossbar but two minutes later Blair secured the victory when a corner into the middle of the area saw McGeehan head past Fuell.

The final whistle went and Blair go forward in the competition while Croydon go back to Surrey knowing they had given it their best but it wasn’t good enough but now they concentrate on winning promotion.

       Hollands & Blair:

  1. A.Highstead       2. L.Taylor     3. A.Brown    4. H.Gorse    5. B.Brown   6. C.Mcgeehan   7. J.Simon

8.    C.Hefferman (83)    9. F.Osunkoya   10. H.Goodger (51)  11. L.Stone (68)

Subs Used:  14. C.Bearman-Dyce (51)  15. E.Stewart (68)  16. J.Akins-Hawkson (83)

Subs Not Used:  12. L.Valencia   17. T.Ajayi

Bookings:  None


  1. J.Fuell       2.  T.Owalabi   3. L.Shango   4. J.Sims  5. C.Defty  6. O.Spedding (87)  7. M.Fraser (74)

8.   J.Levy  9. J.Kabloka-Somo  10. J.Johnson  11. R.Pineling

Subs Used:  15. L.Giles (74)   12. G.Daley (87)

Subs Not Used:  14. T.Daly

Bookings: 2. T.Owolabi (90+4)

Referee: Mr Z.Moules

Assistants:  Mr M.Donnelly & Mr D.Brown