Holcombe beaten in indoor final
Holcombe beaten in indoor final

After suffering defeat in last year’s final, Surbiton claimed their first Jaffa Super 6s title since 2017 with a 3-2 victory over Holcombe in the final.

Goals from Rob Farrington, Arjan Drayton-Chana and Ben Boon were enough to ensure they would lift the trophy and halt East Grinstead’s reign of dominance of the competition.

Surbiton continued their fantastic form into the final with Rob Farrington finding the backboard with less than a minute on the clock.

Holcombe quickly replied with a swift passing move from one end to the other as Nick Bandurak swept the ball in to finish the move and level the scores at 1-1.

Both teams were looking threatening, Holcombe dragging their effort from a penalty corner narrowly wide before Ben Boon’s ball across the face of goal just avoided the stretching Alex Moen.

 Surbiton regained the lead just before the end of the opening quarter as Drayton-Chana’s drag flick thundered against into the goal.

Surbiton’s Ore Ogunlana made a superb save to deny Barry Middleton from close range before quickly counter attacking with the ball falling nicely to Boon to put Surbiton 3-1 to the good.

With the half drawing to an end, Holcombe got one back, Robert Field finding the back of the net from the top of the D with a superb strike to close the scores at the break.

Holcombe restarted quickly, Middleton flashing the ball across the face of goal with Bandurak coming within inches of finding a touch to knock it in.

With both sides struggling to make a breakthrough in the third quarter, the final ten minutes proved decisive. Farrington made a critical goal line block to deny Holcombe from levelling the scores from a penalty corner as Holcombe’s chances stacked up.

Though Holcombe continued on the offensive, there was to be no stopping Surbiton whose resilient performance saw them claim their first Jaffa Super 6s title since 2017.

Semi finals

Reaching the final with an emphatic 6-2 victory over WimbledonSurbiton were thankful to braces from Jonny Gall, Arjan Drayton-Chana and William Marshall as they secured a big victory.

Holcombe booked their place in the final with a narrow 4-3 victory over last year’s champions East Grinstead in what was a highly entertaining watch for the Copper Box Arena crowd as Anton Parente, Robert Field and Nick Bandurak’s two goals gave them the victory.