KSN are proud to support:

Erith & Belvedere 2-3 Raynes Park Vale
Erith & Belvedere 2-3 Raynes Park Vale

Having suffered the heartbreak of a ninety-third minute equaliser on Saturday, Erith and Belvedere were knocked out of the FA Cup in the Preliminary Round replay by Raynes Park Vale.

People often talk about ‘fine margins’ and that was certainly the case in this match when the visitors scored the winner with eleven minutes to go after the Deres had just missed a glorious opportunity.

Aaron Wilson created a chance with a cross for Vale early on, but Jordan Gallagher’s effort came back off the bar. However, it was the Deres who drew first blood in the eighth minute. Tunde Aderonmu crossed, George Monger pulled it back, and Henry Arnold fired high into the net.

They had barely had time to settle when the visitors levelled. Daniel Moody sent Gallagher in behind and he remained calm to slot home.

Archie Harland-Goddard had a great chance to put Raynes Park ahead but was caught by surprise when a cross wasn’t stopped, and he thrashed it wide of the near post. Moody arrived late but volleyed over before the visitors went ahead. Gallagher picked out Jordan Stepney from a corner and his header looped over Reion McFarlane on the line and into the net.

Jay Wade headed wide from Monger’s cross before Erith levelled in first half stoppage time.

Malachi Hudson’s shot was beaten out by Billy Bishop, Wade’s follow up effort was cleared off the line, and it hit Nathan Lewis and fell into the path of Aderonmu who netted from close range.

After the interval Arnold fired wide of the far post then Molloy saved from Ben Wilson. Somehow, Molloy managed to claw out a Gallagher effort, but it wasn’t all one way traffic and Monger thought he had put the hosts ahead but was thwarted by an offside flag.

Molloy made a brilliant save from Wilson before the Deres missed a great chance. McFarlane’s cross picked out Arnold, and he brought it down well before thrashing over.

That proved costly as moments later, Raynes Park scored. Substitute Bradley Sweeney crossed, and Calum McAllister was in the right place for the finish.

Arnold picked up a loose clearance, but Bishop saw his effort all the way before Ethan Archer fired into the side netting at the other end.

Five additional minutes were played but the nearest that Erith came to taking the game int extra time went when Ryan Johnson flashed a shot over after the visitors had struggled to clear.

Erith and Belvedere: Molloy, McFarlane, Wilson (Barrett 59), Huckle, Miles (Ward 67), Johnson, Wade, Monger, Aderonmu, Hudson (Palmer 73), Arnold.

Unused subs: Hawkins, Walker, Palmer, Smith, Waller.

Goalscorers: Arnold (8), Aderonmu (46)

Yellow cards: None

Red Cards: None

Raynes Park Vale: Bishop, Harland-Goddard, Hope, Stepney, Lewis, McAllister, Moody, Archer, Watson (Sweeney 76), Jordan Gallagher, Williams-Bowers (Penny 69).

Subs not used: Hannigan, Sweeney, Obisanya, Josh Gallagher, Dyson, Smith.

Goalscorers: Gallagher (10), Stepney (31), McAllister (79)

Yellow cards: None

Red cards: None

Referee: Jacob Miller

Assistants: Chandon Chapman and Chris Clarke

Attendance: 154