KSN are proud to support:

Dorking Wanderers 2-3 Bromley
Dorking Wanderers 2-3 Bromley

Bromley picked up their first win in eight with a resolute battling display at Dorking Wanderers, thanks to some superb defending and goalkeeping, and despite having to play with ten men for over an hour including a total of eighteen minutes injury time.

The game started in a fashion that would set the tone for the match with Reece Hannam and Cook clashing heads after eleven seconds, with both players requiring lengthy treatment.

Once play got going again, Seager had a shot blocked by Omar Sowunmi as Dorking pressed and they troubled The Ravens with the movement and pace going forward.

Bromley dug in though and started to create chances with Adam Marriott having a chipped effort saved by Walsh in the home goal. Sowunmi & Corey Whitely combined to set up Michael Cheek who fired wide as play opened up and flowed from end to end.

Callum Reynolds then had to have treatment for another head injury after clashing with Ottaway, before Harry Forster had a shot saved after a powerful run into the box.

The Ravens then lost Billy Bingham to hamstring injury with Ethan Coleman coming on in central midfield. Somewhat against the run of play Bromley took the lead on 36 minutes, Whitely playing in Cheek who coolly slotted the ball past Walsh into the corner of the net to put The Ravens 1-0 up.

Cook hit the bar from the edge of the area as Dorking pressed again and Seager headed a cross from Philpott just wide. Then on 41 minutes Whitely received a second yellow card for an innocuous looking tackle on the edge of the area and was sent off.

The free kick saw Moore square the ball to Taylor, but his shot was saved by Tom Smith and Moore then fired over.

In the eleven minutes of first half injury time there were two more goals scored. Ottaway equalised for Wanderers with a long range driven striker after a period of sustained pressure around Bromley’s area, but before the break The Ravens went back in front when Forster’s corner found Sowunmi in the box who stooped to head the ball home and put Bromley 2-1 up at half time. 

After a delayed start to the second half Hannam went down with another head injury, which the referee initially failed to stop the game for.

After Hannam had to go off, Dorking pressed again with Sowunmi and Callum Reynolds both making vital blocks from shots in the area. With the home side continuing to pepper the visitors with crosses into the box, Taylor was booked for diving when trying to win a penalty.

On a rare break up field though Bromley gave themselves a lead to hold on to when Forster raced clear and had a shot towards goal which slipped through the grasp of debutant keeper Walsh and just crept over the line to put Bromley 3-1 up.

Dorking came out attacking again from there with Taylor having a shot saved by Smith and the Bromley keeper then made a superb stop from Seager and bravely saved at the feet of McShane to preserve the two goal lead.

Muitt then found Ottaway who fired wide, McShane shot wide and then Taylor missed a great chance when turning the ball against the bar from inside the six yard box.

Dorking eventually pullled things back to 3-2 on 85 minutes when Seager side footed home a cross from the left and Smith had to make another remarkable save to deny Gallagher an equaliser soon after.

In the seven minutes of second half injury time Bromley dug in under intense pressure and despite the home sides best efforts they held on, Taylor going closest when he shot narrowly off target with a free kick.

The win leaves Any Woodman’s team in eighth place and will hopefully be the a catalyst to a good run, given the character and desire shown by the whole team in this match.    

Dorking: Walsh, Philpott, Cook (Taylor 45), Taylor, Moore, Gallagher, McShane, Bowerman (El Abd 60), Ottaway, Seager, Parrenden (Muitt 45).

Subs Not Used: Egan, McManus.   

Bromley: Smith, Reynolds, Webster, Sowunmi, Hannam (Clayden 48), Forster, Bingham (Coleman 30), Vennings, Whitely, Marriott (Arthurs 45), Cheek.

Subs not used: Dennis, Alexander.  

Att: 1,907

HT 1-2 FT 2-3 

Goals: DWFC – Ottaway 45, Seager 85mins. BFC: Cheek 36, Sowunmi 45+6 , Forster 54mins 

Referee: Scott Simpson