Dartford making Cup progress
Dartford making Cup progress

Dartford are through convincingly to the Kent Senior Cup final, with a brace from Nash, Wynter with a goal and Bansal-McNutly who also took man of the match.

The game kicked off with the 437 Dartford fans creating a great atmosphere, Phoenix started off the better side as they won a free kick in the 4th minute in a dangerous position on the right flank, which lead to nothing as Dartford keeper Alhaji Sesay collects a high ball put in from Phoenix’s Lewis Clark. 

Five minutes later Bansal-McNutly broke through but just went over the crossbar, this would be a sign of things to come as he was a nightmare for the Phoenix’s backline.

In the 13th minute Bansal-McNutly drove through Phoenix’s defence but was saved by Phillips once again, a few seconds later Dartford would take the lead through a scrappy goal Jordan Wynter. This goal changed the match as the game would be more open with Phoenix trying to grab an equaliser but Dartford was likely more likely to add their first goal, attempts from Nash,Jebb and Vint all had chances but failed to hit the target. Dartford go in to half time up 1-0, Phoenix will be relieved only being 1 down.

The second half begins Phoenix started the way they started the first half with a promising attack then being fouled in a dangerous position Jack Hopkins fired the free kick over the bar. 4 Minutes later Dartford found their second through Nash as he received the ball in the box and fired past Phillips.

Dartford were now in full control of the match stringing passes together and finding balls in behind which they had found difficult in the first half as Phoenix were finding great success with the offside trap. Elliot Remain received the ball just outside the box cut inside and blasted pass Phillips, Dartford now up 3-0.

With Dartford now 3-0 Steve King makes two changes with Billy Crook and Lee Noble replacing Jack Jebb and Noor Hunsin in 66th minute. The visitors make their first change with Henry Douglas being replaced by Connor McGrady in the 66th minute, James Pyer comes on for Jeff Duah-Kessie.

In the 77th minute the visitors received a rare chance to score a goal with a penalty Kehinde Aileru which was slotted into the bottom corner nothing sesay could do about it.  

With 82 minutes gone Phoenix made their final change as Oliver Andrews was replaced by Charlie Bubsy, then 3 minutes later Dartford went and scored through great link up play between Wandio and Bansal McNutly with the latter scoring a great goal.

In the 90th minute Nash wrapped up the game with a great strike as he picks the ball up just outside Phoenix’s box then cuts inside to put it past the helpless Phillips and shortly after the final whistle blew.

The man of the match was a difficult one as there was a many great performances but it was Bansal McNutly who took the award home after a great performance.


DARTFORD: Sesay, Wynter, Braham-Barrett, Bansal-McNulty, Vint, Bonner (C), Husin, Jebb, Romain,

Wanadio, Nash.

SUBSTITUTES: Crook, Smith, Hyde, Hill, Noble.

PHOENIX SPORTS: Phillips, Douglas, Clark, Hopkins (C), Barry, Whitelock, O.Andrews, Duah-Kessie,

Chin, Aileru, R.Andrews.

SUBSTITUTES: Busby, Pyer, Probets, McGrady, Bird.