Dartford 1-0 Bath City
Dartford 1-0 Bath City

A second half strike from Noor Husin was enough to seal all three points for Dartford against Bath City this afternoon, and maintain their unbeaten start to the National League South season.

Steve King made one change to the side that drew 0-0 away to Hampton and Richmond Borough last weekend with Ky Marsh-Brown making way for Jake Jebb. 

Dartford started brightly and shouts for an early handball in the Bath penalty area were dismissed by the referee. 

As Bath tried to work their way back into the game they had a few blocked shots in quick succession but they never managed to test King. 

A lofted ball from Jebb was well controlled by Barham, who cut inside but his effort went over the bar and Jacob Berkeley-Agyepong curled an effort wide from outside the box. 

Bath almost took the lead when a dangerous cross from the right flashed across the face of goal with Hinds unable to connect. 

Barham was looking dangerous and after controlling a Braham-Barratt cross he was unable to direct his shot on target when he might have been better off looking for a teammate. 

Romain was next to control a cross and fire wide after a good ball from Husin. A late long range effort from Jebb that sailed over the bar summarised Dartford’s first half. 

An injury to an official meant the second half was delayed by 30 minutes. 

Dartford took the lead seven minutes into the half when a cross from Braham-Barrett was fumbled by Clarke. It fell to Jebb who struggled to get a shot away but the ball eventually fell for Husin who powered an effort into the net. 

Bath had a chance to level when a headed clearance fell to Tomlinson but his first time effort was wide of the near post. 

Barham should have given the Darts some daylight after Romain broke away down the right and put a great low cross in but he poorly fired over. 

As the visitors tried to find a way back into the game Berkeley-Agypong showed some great feet but could only curl his shot wide. 

As the game drew to a close the inevitable pressure from Bath came. A cross from the right was fired in and a first time effort from Richards was well wide. 

The visitors thought they were level after Conway got on the end of a cross but was ruled out for offside. 

One long range effort in the dying moments of the game was comfortably save by King and the hosts were able to see out the result. 

Dartford: King, Barnum-Bobb, Braham-Barrett, Wynter, Vint, Bonner, Husin, Berkeley-Agyepong, Barham (Marsh-Brown 81), Romain (Sheringham 79), Jebb (Ijaha 71) 

Subs not used: Essam, McCallum 

Bath City: Clarke, Smith (James 81mins), Batten (Grant 73mins), Ball, Evans, Harley, Conway, Pope, Leak, Hinds, Tomlinson (Richards 73mins).

Subs not used: Henry, Watts.