KSN are proud to support:

Bromley 3-0 Oldham Athletic
Bromley 3-0 Oldham Athletic

Bromley extended their unbeaten run to seven games with a comfortable win over a struggling Oldham side at a sunny Hayes Lane on Saturday afternoon.

Lining up 5-3-2 with the same team as last week The Ravens stuggled to ger going at first and Oldham pressed from the kick off with Joe Nuttall having a shot saved by Grant Smith and Dan Ward headed wide soon after.

Mark Kitching then had a shot deflected wide for a corner as The Latics continued to have the better of things, but as he half went on Bromley began to settle.

Besart Topalloj had a shot saved by Matthew Hudson and Corey Whitely then had a goal ruled out for offside after a great run by Ben Krauhaus as things evened out.

Bromley had a penalty appeal waved away when Michael Cheek appeared to have been pushed by Liam Hogan on the edge of the area, while at the other end the Oldham policy of shoot on sight saw Mike Fondop denied by Smith and then Mark Shelton sent a shot skidding just wide.

Play was halted for a water break on 23 minutes and just like last week Bromley used it to regroup and came out looking to attack.

A sustained spell of pressure from The Ravens eventully saw Josh Passley smash the ball home from close range for 1-0.

From there Bromley dominated right up until the break and they went 2-0 up on 41 minutes when Louis Dennis has a shot saved at the near post and Sam Woods pounced to convert from close range for his second goal in two games.

Cheek also went close in first half injury time, but Hudson saved his effort to keep his side in the game. 

The second half saw Oldham come out looking positive again, but once Bromley settled they were gifted a chance to go further in front when Whitely set up Woods whose gooalbound strike was handled in the box by Will Sutton for a penalty.

Cheek stepped up to take the spot kick, but Husdon made a superb save down to his right to keep the score at 2-0.

Oldham made their last two subs on the hour mark as David Unsworth looked to shake things up, but Bromley continued to push for a third and after Callum Reynolds had headed a Passley free kick over the bar, Jude Arthurs won the ball from Shelton in midfield and set up Whitely who drove the ball low into the far corner of the net from twenty yards for 3-0 on 66 minutes.

Oldham tried to rally from there, Nuttall had a shot deflected over and Brennan Dickenson headed a Sutton cross over, but they were too often caught offside or frustrated by the solid home defence.

Shaun Hobson headed a corner over late on, but as the visitors momentum fizzled out, Bromley could have pushed for four in injury time, but when they were awarded a free kick for a foul on Jame Vennings, Andy Woodman’s men chose to run the clock down and preserve their clean sheet rather than look to press for more. 

Their fourth consecutive win takes Bromley up to fourth in the National League table ahead of their trip to Dagenham & Redbridge on Tuesday night.

Bromley: Smith, Reynolds, Webster, Okoli, Passley (Vennings 70), Topalloj, Woods, Whitely (MIller 77), Karuhaus (Arthurs 64), Dennis, Cheek. Subs Not Used: Sharman-Lowe, Pepple.                                       

OLdham: Hudson, Hogan, Shelton, Sutton, Sheron, Kitching, Ward (Dickenson 45), Green (Wolloughby 60), Fondop (Norwood 60), Nuttall. Subs Not Used: Raglan, Gardner. 

Goals: Passley 27, Woods 41, Whitely 66mins. 

Att, 2,571

HT 2-0 FT3-0

Referee: Gary Parsons