KSN are proud to support:

Bromley 2-2 Aldershot Town
Bromley 2-2 Aldershot Town

Bromley and Aldershot shared the points at a chilly Hayes Lane on Saturday afternoon, with the visitors taking the lead twice and Michael Cheek equalising on both occasions.

Billy Bingham came in for the departed Ethan Coleman in midfield and Mitchel Bergkamp took his place on the bench, with The Ravens again lining up 4-4-1-1.   

Aldershot made a positive start, but it was Bromley who created the first chance when Harry Forster and James Vennings combined down the right to set up Louis Dennis whose shot was tipped wide by Shots keeper Luca Ashby-Hammond. Kellen Fisher, Forster and Vennings were a real threat down the right and were at the heart of a long spell of Ravens pressure.

Against the run of play though, the visitors took the lead on 16minutes when Tyler Cordner’s long pass from the back found Jake Hutchinson and he cashed in on some ponderous defending running clear to beat Reice Charles-Cook with a low shot under his body from the edge of the area.

Bromley responded from there with Dennis going close from range, while Aldershot nearly went two up when Ryan Glover hit the outside of the post from a tight angle. Vennings then set up Forster who was denied by Ashby-Hammond, before Forster went close again and Fisher saw a goal bound shot blocked.

The Ravens pressure eventually paid off on 35 minutes when Fisher, Forster & Vennings combined down the right and Vennings chipped effort on goal from the bye line was bundled over the line by Cheek at the far post.

Just before the break Forster once again showed great skill to turn the Aldershot defence and break clear, but he fired wide from 20 yards out. 

After a scrappy start the second half finally got going with Bromley on top, Dennis setting up Corey Whitely whose 25 yard drive was superbly tipped over by Ashby-Hammond.

Fisher doing such a good job against in form striker Inih Effiong that he was substituted. Then again against the run of play Aldershot took the lead, sub Justin Amaluzor was initially forced out wide by Byron Webster, but the Bromley captain then fouled the speedy forward by the corner flag, which would prove to be costly.

From the free kick Ollie Harfield curled in a dangerous cross, which seemed to evade everyone in the box and nestled inside the far post for 1-2 to The Shots.

Only minutes later The Ravens drew level again, Whitely sending in a dangerous low cross from the left, which found Cheek who side footed home from ten yards out to level up.

With Bromley looking to take the initiative Cheek set up Whitely who saw his shot well saved by Ashby-Hammond and Whitely again went close soon after, from a Dennis pass.

Late on Dennis played in Cheek, but the striker missed his chance for a hatrick curling his effort narrowly wide from just inside the area when well placed.

In injury time Bergkamp came on for his debut and after a positive run through midfield his powerful shot deflected over the bar.

In the end, despite long spells of pressure in both halves, Bromley had to settle for a point, which takes then up to seventh in the table ahead of their home game with Dagenham & Redbridge on Tuesday night. 

Bromley: Charles-Cook, Fisher, Topalloj, Webster, Reynolds (Sowunmi 82), Whitely, Bingham, Vennings, Forster (Krahaus 56), Cheek, Dennis (Bergkamp 90).

Subs not Used: Arthurs, Marriott. 

Aldershot: Ashby-Hammond, Harfield, Cordner, Hutchinson (Amaluzor 61), Anderson, Effiong (Willard 61), Jordan, Pendlebury, Klass, Mnoga (Davies 78), Glover.

Subs Not Used: Panayiotou, Abimbola. 

Goals: BFC – Cheek 35 & 73mins. ATFC – Hutchinson 16, Harfield 71mins. 

HT 1-1 FT 2-2

Att: 2,764

Referee: Robert Massey-Ellis