Bromley 1-1 Yeovil Town
Bromley 1-1 Yeovil Town

Bromley had to settle for a point in a dramatic National League encounter with Yeovil after letting in a 97th minute equaliser at a chilly Hayes Lane on Saturday afternoon in a game that also saw two first half red cards.

Neil Smith has to reshuffle his side due to even more injuries with Joe Kizzi out and Rarmani Edmonds-Green slotting in at right back, while Frankie Raymond and Sam Wood returned.

Yeovil started the brighter with Lawson D’Ath firing over early on, but Bromley posed a constant threat from set pieces and came back into things. Josh Rees went close before Sam Wood put in a great ball to Michael Cheek who just failed to connect at the far post.

The Ravens went close again soon after when Luke Coulson crossed for Ben Williamson who put his sliding attempt wide.

At the other end Myles Hippolyte had a shot saved by Ryan Huddart who despite being wrong footed saved with his legs.

Coulson went close with a curling effort from the edge of the box, before the visitors had a chance when Charlie Lee and Albi Skebdi set up Rhys Murphy who was denied by Huddart.

On 38 minutes came the first sending off Lee Collins adjudged to have brought down Williamson as he broke clear. Chris Bush saw the resulting free kick saved by Stuart Nelson, but only a minute later Bush also saw red when he pulled Courtney Duffus back on the edge of the area and was ordered off. Murphy chipped the set piece just over the bar, but the half ended goalless.

The second half saw Bromley switch to 3–4-2, Murphy missed a good chance for the visitors before Bromley had a good spell. Billy Bingham fired across goal after good work by Rees, but the breakthrough came on 64 minutes when Raymond was pulled down by Skendi in the box for a penalty.

Raymond tucked away the spot kick to put the Ravens in front. Bromley continued to press with a series of corners, but the Glovers also had chances when Hippolyte had a shot deflected over.

Both teams had chances late with Raymond having a shot saved at one end and Murphy seeing an effort saved at the second attempt by Huddart. Murphy and D’Ath went close for Yeovil as Bromley sat back bringing on another defender in Alan Dunne, but in the seventh minute of injury time they paid the price for dropping back when a deep cross from the right was headed across goal by Gold Omotayo to Murphy who converted from close range past a stranded Huddart.

The final whistle sounded immediately after the goal leaving the home crowd feeling like their side had dropped two points rather than gained one.

The Ravens now have to regroup and hope to get players back before their trip to Chesterfield next weekend.

Bromley- Huddart, Edmonds-Green, Wood, Bush, Holland, Bingham, (Klass 90) Raymond, Coulson, Rees, Williamson, (Dunne 82) Cheek. (Henry 90)

Subs not used: Najia Mekki.

Yeovil- Nelson, Collins, Smith, D’Ath, Murphy, Hippolyte, Duffus, (Worthington 71) Skendi, (Dagnal 80) Bradbury, Hutton, (Omotayo 70) Lee.

Subs Not Used: Jones

Goals: Bromley – Raymond 64pen. Yeovil- Murphy 97mins.

Referee: Daniel Middleton.

Attendance: 2,261.