KSN are proud to support:

Bromley 1-0 AFC Fylde
Bromley 1-0 AFC Fylde

Bromley picked up three points and moved up to third place in the National League with a single goal victory over AFC Fylde at Hayes Lane on Saturday afternoon thanks to a Josh Passley strike just after the hour mark.   

Before the game there was a minutes applause for long time Bromley fan Paul McKay who sadly passed away a couple of weeks ago and will be much missed by everyone who knew him at the club. 

Lining up in the usual 5-3-2 formation Andy Woodman brought Callum Reynolds in for the inured Chin Okoli at centre back and James Vennings came in for Ben Krauhuas in midfield.

Bromley started the game in positive fashion, Deji Elerewe having a close range shot saved by Fylde keeper Theo Richardson following a scramble from a set piece, Louis Dennis then had a shot blocked after a strong run and Michael Cheek fired over when latching onto an Elerewe pass.

Fylde looked to pose a threat on the break, but their back five was kept very busy as Bromley pressed and kept poession of the ball well. The Coasters best chance of the half came when Byron Webster misplaced his pass and set up Jon Utabasi, but the defender made up for his error with an important block to deny the visitor’s forward.

The Ravens continued to have the better of things, Dennis having a shot saved by Richardson from a tight angle, before Corey Whitely went close with two long range efforts, one saved and one deflected wide.

Dennis then played in a low cross from the right for Whitely, but the Bromley midfielder side footed his shot over the bar from six yards out when it looked easier to score.

The Ravens continued to dominate play with Vennings having a shot deflected for a corner and from the restart Besart Topalloj’s corner was headed just over by Reynolds.

On a rare break Siya Ligendza shot over for Fylde, but late in the half Bromley pressed again with Reynolds having a header saved from a Lewis Leigh corner and the teams went in level at the half.  

The second half saw play even out a lot more, Utabasi had a shot saved by Grant Smith at the far post as the visitors had a good spell, but The Ravens rallied again and this time got their vital breakthrough.

Whitely’s cross from the right found Passley ghosting in at the far post and the right wing back drove the ball high into the net for 1-0 and ease the nerves of the home fans.

The game developed a more physical edge as the half went on, but Referee Walchester managed the match well and kept things under control. Sub Olufela Olomola blazed a shot wide before Fylde had another good spell going into the final quarter.

Two of The Coasters’ substitutes combined when Taelor O’Kane crossed for Luke Charman, but the Number 9 flicked his header wide of the far post. In the six minutes of added time Fylde pressed again looking for an equaliser, but they missed their best opportunity when Utabasi headed over Danny Ormerod’s cross at the far post and Bromley held on for the three points.  

The win takes Bromley up to third in the table ahead of their next home game with Aldershot Town at Hayes Lane on Tuesday night.                                      

Bromley: Smith, Reynolds, Webster, Elerewe, Topalloj, Passley, Vennings (Krauhuas 81), Leigh, Whitely, Cheek, Dennis (Olomola 67). Subs Not Used: Woods, Miller, Taylor-Hart.   

Fylde: Richardson, Davis, Obi, Philliskirk (O’Kane 74), Haughton (Ormerdo 69), Kay, Graham, Barrett, Ustabasi, Khumbeni, Ligendza (Charman 58). Subs Not Used: Rowley, Glynn.    

Goal: Passley 61mins. 

HT 0-0 FT 1-0 

Att: 2,518 

Referee: Callum Wallchester