KSN are proud to support:

Bearsted 4-0 Stansfeld
Bearsted 4-0 Stansfeld

Bearsted won this game at a canter, and as they have their best season ever points wise, it seemed as though they didn’t get out of third gear as they swept aside a battling Stansfeld.

The home side got off to a great start when Eniola Hassan finished off a great passing move by firing home from 20-yards. Eight minutes later and it was two when a short corner was crossed to the back post where skipper Ryan Blake headed in from four yards.

Bearsted were now in total control with Stansfeld not really causing any problems. In the 32nd minute a cross into the area saw Will Johnson-Cole challenge Charlie Cottrell for the ball, the ball came loose, and Johnson-Cole’s snapshot was saved by Cotterall. Then in the 38th minute Stansfeld had their first shot in anger when Harrison English tried his luck from 25 yards, but it went over the bar.

In the 41st minute it could have got worse for Stansfeld as Hassan on the left got to the by-line before laying the ball to Johnson-Cole & his shot from eight yards was saved by Cotterall. With time running out Bearsted got their third when in the third minute of added on time Phil Headley’s long diagonal ball found Robbie Roberts who got to the by-line beat the defender and cut back inside shot home from five yards. Game over.

The second half saw Stansfeld come out with a little more purpose as in the 48th minute a low cross into the area saw Red Jenkins slide in but unfortunately his shot went over the bar from six yards. The game went a little stale as both sides gave possession and it took a long time for anything of note to happen. Then in the space of sixty seconds Bearsted got their fourth when firstly Nathan Palmer on the right dinked the ball to the back post where Johnson-Cole and Ollie Freeman were, between them contrived to hit the post, then a ball forward saw Cotterall run out of his area to clear it but was tackled by Freeman and the ball went forward and Freeman from 25 yards shot into the empty net. 

Bearsted had another chance to increase their lead when in the 85th minute Palmer from halfway ran forward &and from 20 yards saw his shot go just wide then against the run of play Stansfeld could have got a consolation goal when Alfie Moynes was put through from 18 yards, he shot wide. Then the last chance of the game came in the 89th minute when Freeman chased a lost cause and tackled the defender on the by-line  cut inside and saw his eight yard shot pushed away by Cotterall.


1:   F.Leonard          2: J.Tingley (45)    3. C.Mccarthy (87)  4. A.Turton  5. R.Blake  6. P.Headley

7:  R.Roberts  8. J.Palmby (69)  9. W.Johnson-Cole  10. E.Hassan (71)  11. M.Hudson (62)

Subs Used: 12. M.Okundalaiye (45) 16. O.Freeman (62)  14. J.Kalonda (69)  15. N.Palmer (71)  17. C.Lee (87)

Subs Not Used:   All Used

Bookings: None


1:  C.Cotterall      2: F.Mccormack  3. G.Summersby  4. H.English (45)   5. S.Jeal (57)  6. V.Meades 

7: O.Andrews   8. R.Hughes   9. J.Mahon (71)  10. T.Whitnell  17. C.Elham (71)

Subs Used: 11. R.Jenkins (45)  14. I.Carrie (57)  12. A.Moynes (71)  16. C.Crey (71)

Subs Not Used: 15. J.Minter

Bookings: 10. T.Whitnell (20)  9 .J.Mahon (49)  8. R.Hughes (77)

Referee: Mr M.Hewson

Assistants: Mr. M.Marsh & Mr A.Gillespie

Att: 97

Image courtesy of Bearsted FC