KSN are proud to support:

Bearsted 2-2 Crowborough Athletic
Bearsted 2-2 Crowborough Athletic

Both sides came away with a point in a fascinating match that could have gone either way as both sides missed chances to win the game. 

In the very first minute Bearsted nearly scored when a long ball forward found John Rogers & he was challenged & the ball fell to Georgio Russo but his shot from 18 yards flew over the bar, then in the 3rd minute a corner into the area saw Daniel Melvin’s header saved by Cameron Hall but in the very next minute Bearsted went in front when a ball knocked forward saw Andy Irvine control it & then flick it on for Russo to chase & as the Hall came rushing out Russo chipped into the empty net. 

The lead lasted 100 seconds as Crowborough equalised when Jacob Lambert received the ball in the area & from 12 yards he shot past Ryan Coltress. 

The game stagnated for a while until the 17th minute when Russo on the right saw his chip through find Harrison Hatfull but unfortunately for him it hit his leg & went wide of the post.

Four minutes later another half chance came Bearsted’s way when another corner into the area saw Adesina Luqman’s powerful header go over the bar. The game was now end to end without causing either keeper any problems.

The second half was only 3 minutes old when the ball into the Crowborough area found Irvine & his half volley went over the bar. In the 55th minute Vince Follea 20 yards out tried his luck forcing Hall to push around the post for a corner.

Two minutes later another half chance came when Jason Dawson combined with Irvine & then his shot from 18 yards flew over the bar. Crowborough had their first half chance of the half in the 74th minute when Alex Emery was put in & his shot from an angle 15 yards out went past the far post.

In the 79th minute Hatfull running forward cut inside & from 25 yards saw his shot go over the bar then in the 82nd minute they went in front, a free kick into the area was chested down by a defender & Lekan Majoyegbe was quick enough to knock in. 

Bearsted were now on the brink of getting their season off with three points & in the 86th minute Charlie Hatton running forward selfishly saw his shot from 20 yards go wide when it looked easier to pass sideways for Sam Stace.

They would pay for this as in the 89th minute Rhys Bartlett running through on goal was fouled by Jason Dawson & conceded a penalty, Bartlett stepped up & he shot into the bottom right hand corner.

There were 5 minutes of added on time & both sides went for a winner but in the end had to accept the draw.



  1. R.COLTRESS   2. J.DAWSON  3. D.MELVIN   4. V.FOLLES   5. L.MAJOYEGBE  6. A.LUQMAN (62) 7. G.RUSSO   8. J.ROGERS (81)  9. A.IRVINE (62)   10. H.HATFULL  11. S.STACE

       SUBS USED: 12. T.PENFOLD (62)  17. C.HATTON (62)   14. D.BARONOWSKI (81)


      BOOKINGS: 8. J.ROGERS (54)  2. J.DAWSON (89)



  1. C.HALL  2. J.FERMOR 3. R.ANDERSON (65)  4. T.BODDY  5. H.MAYHEW  6. A.EMERY  7. J.FUNNELL 8. E.SHARMAN (59)  9. D.COLE (76)  10. J.LAMBERT   11. R.BARTLETT

SUBS USED: 16. R.WATERMAN (59)  15. J.SMITH (65)  12. H.OSBORNE (76)


BOOKINGS: 8. E.SHARMAN (50)  7. J.FUNNELL (52)   16. R.WATERMAN (70)