Erith Town 2-2 Corinthian
Erith Town 2-2 Corinthian

Both Erith Town and Corinthian returned to Southern Counties East Football League Premier Division action after success in the F.A. Vase on Saturday.

Barely had they had time to recover before they were back in action and neither side gave an inch in an enthralling tussle.

Early on the visitors had the ball in the net but it was disallowed for a foul, a decision that drew no real complaints from the Corinthian players.

Inspirational Erith midfielder Simon Glover had a long range shot that went well wide then at the other end Jamie Billings tried his luck from thirty yards and a deflection meant that Adam Molloy had to make a good save to keep it out.

Live-wire Andres Tobon had a shot that took a deflection and went over much to the relief of Corinthian goalkeeper Aidan Prall before Adrian Stone headed a long Molloy free kick beyond the far post.

Connor Johnson did well to dig the ball out from under his feet and shot just beyond the far post then Erith went back on the attack and Louis Clarke had a shot saved.

That started a period of the Dockers being on top and an excellent Tobon cross just evaded Louis Valencia and Clarke arriving at the far post could only bundle it wide.

Dan Nash had a long range effort tipped away for a corner before the Dockers finally broke the deadlock. Glover’s delightful cross begged for a finish and Stone duly obliged with a fine close range header.

Glover had a chance himself with a header from a Nash cross but he could not get any power in it and Prall saved easily.

It looked like the hosts were going to go in ahead but Jack Billings had other ideas and as Erith dithered in midfield, he nicked it away before firing a spectacular twenty-five yarder that flew in off the inside of the post.

Two minutes into the second half, Erith regained their lead. Tobon battled his way through but his shot was blocked. His determination allowed him a second chance and this time he made no mistake firing low past Prall.

However, Corinthian came back and levelled again four minutes later. They won a corner and caught Erith out with a quick corner. A bit of penalty area pinball followed before Kameron Gyeabour fired home.

Half chances came and went at both ends before a Valencia foul right in front of the benches saw him cautioned. Dockers manager Adam Woodward made a comment that displeased the referee and he was sent off.

Johnson spun and shot but his effort flew just beyond Molloy’s far post then Nash shot well wide at the other end.

As the game drew towards a close the two teams continued to exchange blows and Nash drove across the face of goal for Erith before Luke Tanner had a shot blocked by a combination of Molloy and Jack Hooper.

Corinthian almost nicked it in the closing minutes but Jamie Billings’ first effort was blocked before his follow up flew agonisingly wide.

Had that gone in it would have been hard on Erith as over the balance of the ninety minutes a draw was probably a fair result.


Erith Town: Molloy, Nash, Palfrey, Glover (Duffy 90), Kempton, Hooper, Valencia, Goodchild, Stone, Clarke (Callender 84), Tobon.

Subs not used: Jeffrey, Nelson, Fairweather-Oates.


Corinthian: Prall, Holland, Jack Billings, Jamie Billings, Healey, Bath, Gyeabour (Gilbert 76), Miller, Tanner, Ita (Housego 63), Johnson (Milton 81).

Sub not used: Campbell, Skillman.


Erith Town:

Goalscorers: Stone (37), Tobon (47)

Yellow cards: Goodchild, Hooper, Valencia, Kempton

Red cards: Woodward (Erith manager)



Goalscorers: Jack Billings (45), Gyeabour (51)

Yellow cards: Gyeabour

Red cards: None


Referee: Harry Wager

Assistants: David Rowland and Keith Wenham


Attendance: 83


Man of the Match: Andres Tobon

Pictures supplied by Dave Budden.